Linda Discovers Toronto

This blog was started as a way to let my friend Linda know all of the places she needs to discover in Toronto. This is a way for me to see that someone is enjoying all my favorite places, since I no longer live there.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bacchus Roti & A Fabric and Jewelry Extravaganza

Alright.......Here is a fun one.

Bacchus Roti has the best roti in town. Joan is famous for saying the heft of a small child. They are delicious and a great meal all on their own. Wash it down with some real Ginger Beer. We used to order these for lunch all the time when I worked at the Wood Studio Cooperative for my friend David MacHenry. Try one with the Shrimp, squash and channa (chickpeas) and wash it down with a real ginger beer.

Having done that, you need to go down the street to Designer Fabric Outlet. This is one of the best fabric stores in Toronto and the one that I have to go to when I am there. As you may have guessed by the name, many Toronto designers shop there. It is a fun place to look through, even if you don't have a project in mind.

And now for the "piece de resistance". A little further east on Queen St. is Made You Look . This is a recent discovery from our last trip. It is a co-op jewelry showroom, where several designers rent benches right on the premises. The work that we saw was beautiful and of superior quality. Joan managed to walk out having bought only TWO pieces. All the items were reasonably priced for what they were and ranged from the inexpensive to well beyond anything I could afford. It is well worth the stop and a shop for a gift or something for yourself.

There was also a second hand consignment clothing store across the street. Alas, it was closed when we were down there. (They have weird hours) If it is still there, you should stop in and let me know if it is worth checking out.

Happy exploring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

OK! My next window is only 5 days, so we'll see if we can make it there.
Sounds like great fun! Gerv flies in Saturday, October 28 and the launch of Each Belongs is Monday night, 10/30 at the Hamilton Wentworth Catholic School Board. and Sunday morning is the MFC Board meeting, which we are holding at Frontier.

My big adventure, for sure, is the membership we are about to acquire at Costco in TO. I am inspired by what I have dined in Vancouver from Costco, for Jean's 91st Birthday Brunch today (10-22-06).

10/22/2006 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home